Sunday, March 4, 2007

Novels of the Sword of Truth

The Sword of Truth is a fantasy series featuring a young man named Richard Cypher, who, over the course of the series, learns about his past, develops powers untold, and strives to change the world for the better. Each book is loosely themed around a Wizard's Rule, tenets by which all wizards should abide.

The novels in the series are:

Goodkind portrays in his novels, through complex character development, that individuals can remain true in the face of adversity without sacrificing their values and moral beliefs. Goodkind's protagonists show that they have courage when making choices, even when faced with difficult situations, and they remain steadfast even when faced with mistakes in their own judgment.

The Sword of Truth series is written with an adult audience in mind. There are sections in which topics such as philosophy are addressed at a level beyond the interest of most younger readers, as well as frank depictions of the sometimes brutal and violent nature of life in a medieval world. Goodkind himself has stated that he wrote the books with mature adults in mind, not children or those seeking to escape reality.

2 comments:

Dube said...

I am amazed at how you managed to put it so concisely--very much in a nut-shell--and without all the gory details. I think your Blog looks very professional, I am surprised that you don't have many comments.

I am on vacation in California right now, I was listening to Wizard's First Rule on my laptop, and I had a whim to see if there were any artists depictions of what a gripper looks like. That was how I discovered your blog. Since I have a whole load of time on my hands, I think I'll read your blog. None of my friends in school are "Sword of Truth" fans--they think I'm crazy--I think it will be nice to see what other people who like the novels say about them: their takes and opinions. I hope I'll enjoy what I read.

Keep Posting!

Debra Taron

Anonymous said...

Happy magnificent ad! I seriously valued analyzing doing it, tonsil stones you will be a very good writer.Most definitely i'll be sure you bookmark your internet site Satellite direct review but will usually come later on. I wish to encourage everyone persist ones own wonderful content articles, have a pleasant family vacation penis advantage end of the week!